Who We Are
Read this page in Spanish / Lea esta página en Español
Our Congregational Vision
As witnesses to the redeeming gospel of Jesus Christ, Eastern Avenue is an inclusive and growing community of life-long disciples that engages the gifts of all her members in vibrant and transformative ministry as she honors her call to be Christ’s body in the neighborhood, the community, and the world.
Our Congregational Mission
To focus our energies and efforts in four primary areas:
- strengthening a communal relationship with God
- instilling in children and youth a love for God and God’s church
- incorporating all worshipers into the life of the church for daily encouragement on the journey of faith, and
- working with people in the surrounding community for social justice and mutual transformation.
What does it mean that Eastern Avenue is a Christian Reformed Church?
- We call ourselves Christian because we are followers of Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus was the Son of God and that he is the center of human history. More: Our Beliefs, The Bible, Daily Devotional
- We’re called Reformed because we grow on a branch of the church tree that emerged from the Protestant Reformation in sixteenth-century Europe. More: Reformed Accent
- We’re a Church because we believe God has called us together to be a people who belong to him and live for him. More: Find a Church
- We are part of a large group of churches with similar beliefs and practices: the Christian Reformed Church in North America