Read this page in Spanish / Lea esta página en Español
Worship with Us!
See inside our sanctuary
- Morning Worship Services are at 9:30 AM (English) and 11:00 AM (Spanish and English). All are welcome! Nuestro segundo culto en Español y en Inglés es a las once. Bienvenido!
- Morning Opportunities for Children and Youth:
- Nursery 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM: Children up to age 3 experience the love of Christ through the hands of caring volunteers
- Little Stars 9:30 AM: Children ages 3 to 4 attend this program during the last half of the worship service. Through stories, singing, and reflection this time is an “introduction” to Children and Worship.
- Children’s Worship 9:30 AM: During the worship service children age 4 through 2nd grade worship God through unique story-telling format and multisensory materials.
- Church School 11:00 AM: Youth ages Kindergarten through 12th grade gather in small groups for a chance to interact, ask questions, and build relationships. The various curricula include Bible Stories for the younger ages and topics for older youth (middle and high school) such as Catechism and studies on how to live, work, and worship in God’s kingdom.
The following Programs take place every other Sunday evening from 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Everyone is invited for worship (5:00 to 5:30), followed by dinner (5:30-6:00), and from 6:00 – 7:00 adults participate in LIFT groups while children and youth participate in their activities. Some groups may meet for additional sessions on other Sundays or different weekday/weekend evenings. Email Erin Berstein for more information. Come join us!
- LIFT Groups for Adults: LIFT Groups are small groups for adults that provide opportunities to strengthen our relationships with others, deepen our commitment to Christ, and broaden our experience of communal hospitality.
- Evening Opportunities for Children and Youth:
- Shining Stars: Shining Stars serves children ages 3 through Kindergarten. This group hears Bible stories, sings songs together and does crafts related to the story they are learning.
- Cadets: The Cadets program serves boys in 1st through 5th grades. The program focuses on developing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and building skills in various areas.
- GEMS (short for Girls Everywhere Meeting the Savior): GEMS is a program for girls in grades 1st-5th. The program focuses on helping the girls identify who they are as children of God through lessons, crafts, and activities.
- Middle School Youth Group: This group is for youth in grades 6, 7, & 8. At their meetings they have time for recreation, socializing, and learning more about their place at Eastern Avenue and God’s world.
- Eastern Lights Youth Group: This is the high school group, and they meet to discuss issues and do activities. They also focus on strengthening a deeper relationship with Christ, which will help them as they seek their independence in their high school years.
Explanations of Eastern Ave. Christian Reformed Church practices of Baptism and Communion